Monday 16 March 2015

Faith & Fitness Day 4: Made to Last Forever + Stomach (Abs) Exercises

Today's posting is about Made to Last Forever from Day 4 of the Purpose Driven Life book (by Rick Warren).  In this chapter, Rick said that, "life is not all there is."  He made the following points that helps us to understand that God's purpose for our lives doesn't end on earth, but it goes on to eternity.

Key points that I found:
1.  When you live in light of eternity, your values change.  You use your time and money more wisely.
2.  To make the most of your life, you must keep the vision of eternity continually in your mind and the value of it in your heart.
3.  You may feel it's morbid to think about death, but its actually unhealthy to live in denial of death and not consider what is inevitable.

Point to Ponder:  There is more to life than here and now.
Verse to Remember:  "This world is fading away, along with everything it craves.  But if you do the will of God, yo will live forever.  1John 2:17
Question to Consider:  Since I was made to last forever, what is one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?

Initially, I found this chapter a bit tough to read, but I forced myself to continue reading it anyhow. I think its why I only skipped through various chapters of the book years ago instead of reading it chapter by chapter.  I think the message was tough for me because I never wanted to think about eternal life.  I'd rather just focus on life on earth and leave the eternity conversation for eternity.  Thank God, I'm finally maturing!  I think moving through life without this perspective makes it very easy to get off track from your life purpose and it prevents you from focusing on important matters.
I got it now.  I'm stronger!  I'm no longer afraid. I feel empowered and inspired to live more purposeful.

I hope you gain good insight and inspiration from this too!  Check out the below videos and let me know if you have any questions.

Blessing to you!
Q

Message Day 4: Made to Last Forever

Exercises Day 4: Stomach (Abs)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Still HERE! Dance Fitness!

This is such a great song!  If you ever feel like you been knocked to the ground, I hope you'll be encouraged by this song.  It's t...