Thursday 12 March 2015

Faith & Fitness (Day 1)....Purpose Driven Life

Connecting faith and fitness while pursuing a purpose driven life!

A very special person I know wants to improve her overall health.  I really wish I could be with her physically to pray and exercise, but its not possible at the moment.   When she first told me she wanted to do some exercises, I felt so compelled to help.  So, I volunteered to do some exercises online for her.  As I prepared to set up my "home" studio (lol), I thought we needed to go deeper than just physical exercises.  From my own wellness experience, I knew we needed to also tackle the spiritual aspect of wellness (the mind).  For we are transformed by the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).

So, I felt led to pull out a book I've had for years, Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.  Over the next 40 days, we're aiming to improve our overall health and discover how to live a purpose driven life.  If you or anyone you know want to join us, feel free to follow this blog and share your insights.  Together we can rise higher than we ever could alone.  There is power in unity and support.
"Two are better than one, because they can work more effectively.  If one of them falls down, the other can help him up....Two people can resist an attack that would defeat one person alone. A rope of three cords is hard to break."  Ecclesiastes 4:9

Highlights from Book:

The big question?  What on earth am I here for?
Day 1:  It all Starts with God
Point to Ponder:  It's not about me.
Verse to Remember:  "Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him." (Colossians 1:16)
Question to Consider:  In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?


Here's a video message to my SPECIAL PERSON and anyone else who wants to join us!




Day 1 Exercise Video: Cardio Dance
This song is Say Yes by Michelle Williams (featuring Beyonce & Kelly Rowland). Choreography done by another Zumba instructor (Deontario James)....Check him out on Facebook or other social media. He has tons of good moves! Thanks for sharing this one DJ! 

Well, get moving!  Have fun and sing the song all day long! :-)  It can give so much inspiration!


Exercise Video: Cardio Dance (Say Yes)


Please subscribe to this blog and share with me your feedback!
Thanks!
Quiana






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Still HERE! Dance Fitness!

This is such a great song!  If you ever feel like you been knocked to the ground, I hope you'll be encouraged by this song.  It's t...