Thursday 19 March 2015

Faith & Fitness Day 5: Seeing Life from God's View

What is your life?
"The way you see your life shapes your life." Rick Warren

For day 5 of the Purpose Driven Life Book, Rick shared three of the Bible's metaphors to teach us God's view of life:  Life is a test, life is a trust, and life is a temporary assignment.  Again, this chapter really took me into deep thought and made me face the reality of life.  The more I pondered on the message, the more aware I'm becoming of the truths.  I'm now noticing a shift in my priorities and time everyday.  Not saying that I'm acting in fear, but I feel more peace with my decisions and I feel like I'm honestly "letting go" of trivial things.  Hope you gain new insights and revelations too!

So, here are a few highlights from this day:
Life as a test.  God continually test people's:
-Character
-Faith
-Obedience
-Love
-Integrity
-Loyalty

When we're tested, our character is developed and revealed.  Rick said, "words like trials, temptations, refining, and testing occurs more than 200 times in the Bible."  So, I guess testing is really part of life.  Of all the tests listed above, I realize that my faith is often tested.  So many times I feel God telling me to do something, but I tend to struggle because I either want to control the outcome (I want to know without a doubt the outcome will go a certain way) or I encounter many difficulties and think about giving up.

Testing of faith reminds me of the story from Matthew 14:29-32.  Jesus told Peter to walk on the water.  Peter did it, but as he looked around and saw the high waves, he got scared and began to sink.  The Lord reached out his hand to Peter and said, "You don't have much faith, " ...."Why did you doubt me" (Matthew 14:31).  So, trying keeping this story in mind if you feel your faith is being tested.  We have to keep our eyes on Jesus and trust him to lead us.

According to the Purpose Driven Life book:
When you're tested, God constantly watches your response to:
-People
-Problems
-Success
-Conflict
-Illness 
-Disappointment
-and even weather!

Based on the Bible, you will be tested in:
-Major changes
-Delayed promises
-Impossible problems
-Unanswered prayers
-Undeserved criticism
-and even senseless tragedies

The good news is that God wants you to pass the test!  Amen!  He gives you the grace to pass the test.  "But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it." 1Cor10:13

Life as a Trust.  The following list shows some examples that are gifts from God to us.  Its our job to take care of them and use our gifts wisely:
-Time on earth
-Energy
-Intelligence
-Opportunities
-Relationships
-Money 
These are all trusted in our care and management. God expects us to use them wisely.  The more He gives, the more responsible he expects you to be. Read the story of the Master and the servants (Matthew 25:14-29).


From the Purpose Driven Life Book:
Point to Ponder:  Life is a test and trust
Verse to Remember:  "Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones." Luke 16:10
Question to Consider:  What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God?  What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Faith and Fitness Day 5: Seeing Life from God's View

Fitness Exercises: Lower Body Toning

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Still HERE! Dance Fitness!

This is such a great song!  If you ever feel like you been knocked to the ground, I hope you'll be encouraged by this song.  It's t...